[wplug] Apache: sub folders reverting to 127.0.0.1?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:44:36 EDT 2003

Sometime in September Russ Schneider assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I just set up Apache, and when I call the domain name, I get the index
| page as normal:
|
| http://domainname.com
|
| But if I call http://domainname.com/subfolder it redirects to
| http://127.0.0.1/subfolder.
|
| Why is it doing that?  I searched through the conf files but couldn't
| find anything related.

try setting this in the httpd.conf file:

ServerName domainname.com

since ive had trouble with verizon and use port 81, i do the following:

ServerName domainname.com:81

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E