[wplug] Writing to a NFS mount

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Thu Sep 11 23:20:16 EDT 2003

A little while ago, I set up a NFS share on my laptop.  I used my
desktop machine to edit some of the file, then forgot to unmount when I
was done.  I then had to do a forced unmount the next day when I
realized my mistake.

The problem is now I can mount the laptop drive, but I can not write to
it anymore.  I can mount, browse, and read the laptop drive, just not
write to it.  I can't remember all the things I had to do to set it up,
so I am having some trouble with troubleshooting the problem.  I also
can't find the webpage that I used to help set it up (I thought I
bookmarked it, but guess not)

My desktop box is a Redhat 7.2 system at 192.168.0.2.
The fstab line is:
   192.168.0.4:/home/kevin /mnt/littlebox		nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr,noauto,user 0 0

rpcinfo -p 192.168.0.4 from my desktop gives:
   program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100024    1   udp   1024  status
    100024    1   tcp   1024  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100021    1   udp   1026  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1026  nlockmgr
    100005    1   udp   1027  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1025  mountd
    100005    2   udp   1027  mountd
    100005    2   tcp   1025  mountd
My laptop is a Debian Woody 3.0 system at 192.168.0.4
The hosts.allow file has:
   portmap:	192.168.0.3
   lockd:	192.168.0.3
   rquotad:	192.168.0.3
   mountd:	192.168.0.3
   statd:	192.168.0.3

The hosts.deny file has:
   portmap:ALL
   lockd:ALL
   rquotad:ALL
   mountd:ALL
   statd:ALL

The exports file has:
   /home/kevin 192.168.0.3(rw)

rpcinfo -p localhost reports the same thing as noted above.

That is all I can think of right now that would be of help, but if
you need more, let me know.