[wplug] Mozilla Firebird

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Thu Sep 11 19:19:09 EDT 2003

I am running RedHat 9.0 and on of the things that impressed me so
much was the quality of the fonts. I mostly use galeon and
sometimes mozilla.

At work I have Firebird running on Windows 2000 and it is my
primary browser.  I downloaded Firebird 0.6 for my Linux box, and
I had the same experience as you.

I poked around and I found on the ftp server.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/releases/0.6.1/contrib/

that there was a version compiled with Xft support.

MozillaFirebird-0.6.1-i686-pc-linux-gnu-ctl-svg-xft.tar.gz.

I am wondering if that is the problem. I am going to download this
one and try it. I do like Firebird and it would be nice to use it
at home.

Mike