[wplug] KVM Switch and RH9

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 11 18:25:23 EDT 2003

Stupid question: you _did_ restart X?

Stupid suggestion: try a $5 2-button PS/2 mouse

Second stupid suggestion (possibly deprecated in 9) run mouseconfig and let
it set up the stuff for X (this has worked for me in the past w/goofy mouse
behavior, but my reputation as a lazy sot is exceeded only by my penchant
for acidic criticism)

Anything in the logs (messages or X)?  Are you running GPM and if so does it
still work?

I hate X logging so I usually start it with something like:

startx -- -bpp 16 > /tmp/x.out 2>&1 &

so I can dig through the file at my leisure...

Don

(sorry for any top posting or HTML - on webmail)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill [mailto:bhalpin at collaborativefusion.com]
Sent: Thu 9/11/2003 4:50 PM
To: wplug
Subject: RE: [wplug] KVM Switch and RH9

> You can try to fix it by adding:
> Section "ServerFlags"
>      AllowMouseOpenFail
> EndSection
> (or something like that - look to Google or the archives as I've
> posted this
> in the past) to your X config file.

Don, this had no visible effect.

Scott, I am using a generic KVM and the mouse is a Logitech MouseMan
Wheel.  One of the machines this is happening on is using the generic
ps2 mouse driver, the other is using the generic wheel mouse driver.
Both machines have the problem.

This setup worked with 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 but now it doesnt in 9.0.

This is what I get for trying to save myself some desk space and the
company some money! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions

-b