[wplug] Mozilla Firebird

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 11 13:47:39 EDT 2003

Ryan W. Frenz wrote:
> I started using Mozilla Firebird on my XP box about 3 months ago, and
> I absolutely loved it.  So I decided to install it on my Mandrake 9.1
> system, on which I used to use Galeon for browsing.  The only problem
> is, it looks like hell.  Fonts are grainy and hard to read, links are
> not underlined (even though the option is set), etc.  Has anyone else
> seen anything like this with Firebird?  Is there some system setting I
> may have messed up?  It seems strange to me that it would look
> different from Galeon (which I thought was just Mozilla).  Thanks in
> advance.
	Using it (0.6.1) on RH 9 - looks fine on my box.    I suppose that
you've run through all the options for fonts, etc?  Do you have the standard
US ISO fonts installed?

I'm set for (and these are defaults):
Fonts for Western
Proportional: Serif
Serif: adobe-times-iso8859-1
Sans-serif: adobe-helvetica-iso8859-1
Monospace: adobe-courier-iso8859-1
Display resolution: System Setting
Link colors are default, and underline links is selected.

Are you running a weird X environment (color depth, accelerated driver,
etc)?
Have you tried simply increasing the font size via "Ctrl-++" to see if it
helps??

Don