[wplug] webservers and "www" prefix

Mike Griffin mike at dmrnetworks.com
Thu Sep 11 13:13:27 EDT 2003

Thomas,

Maybe I'm misunderstand your statement. When I read it, I was feeling a
little confused.

I would like to point out that  *.domainname.extension is defined by
registering named 'domainname.extension'. I.E.  linuxorg.com would have
been registered, all additional prefixes would be defined by the NS.
www.linuxorg.com, find.myhat.linuxorg.com, ftp.linuxorg.com  and so on,
down the list, are all valid examples.

Is this what you meant? The word 'registered' is what I think threw me
off.

Mike