[wplug] More MIDI questions

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 11 09:33:05 EDT 2003

Robert Coutch wrote:
> OK,
>
> On the advice of some wpluggers I'm looking at the Audigy 2. Here are
> a few questions.
>
> If you're using the Audigy 2 card are you using the EMU10K1 driver ?

	Have you looked over the info at http://opensource.creative.com/ and
the other sites it points to?  IIRC the EMU10K1 is the _only_ one that works
and is required.

> I have that driver in ALSA but it only mentions the Audigy, not the
> Audigy 2. I'm guessing they are compatible.
	Not sure - seems that there's not a lot of distinction between the 2
cards on the open source pages, so this might be a safe bet...

> Has anyone used the Serial MIDI drivers.
	Not sure of support - the above pages just say "MIDI support =
yes".....

> Before I drag my 2 ton 12 space rack box up from the basement to try
> serial MIDI I wanted to know if anyonehas used it.

	I had promised to try and test this a couple weeks ago but have had
zero free time.  Again this weekend I have a wedding to attend (in Da Burgh
n'nat!) but I will make an effort to try this ASAP.  Perhaps tonight or
tomorrow....

Don