[wplug] More MIDI questions

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Wed Sep 10 23:00:55 EDT 2003

OK,

On the advice of some wpluggers I'm looking at the Audigy 2.
Here are a few questions.

If you're using the Audigy 2 card are you using the EMU10K1 driver ?
I have that driver in ALSA but it only mentions the Audigy, not the Audigy 2.
I'm guessing they are compatible.

Has anyone used the Serial MIDI drivers.
Before I drag my 2 ton 12 space rack box up from the basement to try serial
MIDI I wanted to know if anyonehas used it.

There are two drivers. A "Serial MIDI" and a "Serial MIDI u16550, ALSA"
driver.

I have a Korg tone module that has a PC interface on it.

Thanks for any info or tips,

Bob