[wplug] OT: Please insert CD

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Sep 10 13:48:54 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 13:41, Russ Schneider wrote:
> Vanco, Donald wrote:
> > Actual screen dump from an install on our production floor when one of our
> > largest customers was here for a visit:
> > http://myturl.com/000b0
>
> Is it that Angelfire's servers don't have PNG as a mime type?  I got
> just the code, and not the image.  Had to transfer the image to my
> machine to see it.

Yeah, I was dissapointed angelfire would do that.  I get:

HEAD http://www.angelfire.com/geek/compugeek/images/Insert_CD_into_A.png
200 OK
Connection: close
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:28:18 GMT
Accept-Ranges: bytes
ETag: "109714d-1594-3f5f5efd"
Server: Squeegit/1.2.5 (3_sir)

If you're using explorer, it'd probably work, because explorer doesn't
always trust the mime type (which is how it gets into problems
elsewhere).

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey