[wplug] Custom FTP access error (vsftpd)

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Sep 10 11:20:58 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 06:39, Russ Schneider wrote:
> Jonathan S. Billings wrote:
> > You could probably do that with tcp wrappers, I've done that before.
> > Try checking 'man hosts_options'.  For example, in your
> > /etc/hosts.allow, you could put:
> >

> > in.ftpd : ALL : twist /bin/echo 421 Some bounce message
> > in.ftpd : .good.domain : ALLOW
>
> Would I need to restart any services for the above to take effect?  I
> put those two lines in, changing the first part to in.vsftpd and nothing.
>
> Also, I have no manual entries for hosts_options.

Well, I should have noted that the configuration details I gave are only
if you run your ftp services out of {,x}inetd with tcp wrappers
enabled.  I believe you'll have to restart inetd for the changes to have
an effect.

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey