[wplug] spam influx?

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Sun Sep 7 13:29:25 EDT 2003

Not to mention that spammers would have a field day with that "do not
email" database of emails and open relays.

--On Sunday, September 07, 2003 12:35 PM -0400 John Harrold
<jmh17+ at pitt.edu> wrote:r

> Sometime in September Alexandros Papadopoulos assaulted the keyboard and
> produced:

>| On Sunday 07 September 2003 12:19, Albert E. Whale, CISSP wrote:
>| <snip>
>| > In the not too distant Future, we will be offering FREE E-Mail
>| > addresses on the No-JunkMail.com Web Site.
>|
>| Or, there could be a registry like the "Do Not Call" list, for phone spam
>| http://www.donotcall.gov/
>|
>| Likely, since email seems to grow as important as telephone.
>
> i don't think "do not email" lists will be as successful. the reason is
> that most of my spam comes from over seas (mainly asia), where as
> telemarketers are generally here in the states and subject to the laws
> here.
>

> --
>                                                | /"\
>  john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
>       jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
>            the most useful idiot               | / \
>  What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
>  whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism
> or  the holy name of liberty and democracy?
>  --Gandhi
> gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E

Henry Umansky
University of Pittsburgh
Computing Services and Systems Development
hmust2 [at] pitt [dot] edu
(412) 624 -4357