[wplug] Re: wplug digest, Vol 1 #984 - 17 msgs

redtoade redtoade at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 11:25:44 EDT 2003

--- Melissa B <valancy at comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just watched the ad.  Twice.
>
> Yes, that was Penny Marshall, although I wouldn't
> say she lends
> anything "young and hip" to Linux; she's an icon
> from 20 years ago

LOL

Saying Penny Marshall is an icon from 20 years ago is
like saying Ron Howard was some red headed kid in the
Andy Griffith show.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001508/#director

I'm sure if she didn't have a hand in the
direction/produciton of the commercial, then she was
cast specifically to counteract all of that "flower on
the dashboard of your new VW bug" hype that is so
popular with the "Jeff Goldblum is selling it?  Well
where do I sign up?!!" crowd.  (<cough><cough> Mac
users <cough>)