[wplug] scanner+document feeder suggestions

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:33:01 EDT 2003

we currently have one of those all in one scanner, printer, fax, etc.
things from hp (officejet r80xi). its plugged into a windows machine and
the document feeder now pulls in several pages at once. we're going to buy
a new one, so i first checked out the stuff supported by sane:

http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-mfgs.html

there is a whole lot of stuff there and i was hoping to narrow down my
choices by picking the brains of people here.

has anyone had any expirences recently (good or bad) with scanners under
linux which use document feeders?  we need to scan straight to pdf, mostly
course notes. and we want something that is reliable and not too costly.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E