[wplug] Hate-on Linux TV ads

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Sep 5 09:45:40 EDT 2003

David Ostroske wrote:
<snip>
> What do you all think? Am I wrong?
	Wow - a bit harsh, even by my standards...  Not to be a dik - but
did you really watch it, listen to it several times over?

	Seriously - how much do you expect to cram into 30 seconds of air
time?  At least there's a few notable faces.  I wouldn't know 99.9% of the
Linux developers out there if they walked up and hit me in the face with a
brick.  Well, maybe if they had on a nametag, and I had time to read it
before getting whacked...

	I think the points they're communicating are awesome - this "kid"
can do anything - from plumbing to flying a jet.  It's dead-on.

	"A player who makes the team great is more valuable than a great
player; losing yourself in the group for the good of the group - that's
teamwork...."
	"....sharing data is the first step toward community"
	"...what he learns - we all learn - what he knows we all benefit
from"
	"...speak your mind.  Don't back down." (is that Ali??)
	....if that doesn't surmise the ideals of OpenSource I don't know
what does.....

	I, for one, love it.  I think it will be the best Linux TV
commercial on the air.  Looking forward to being able to see it in a size
over a postage stamp so I can do a bit of character recognition.

Don