[wplug] UPS with shutdown?

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Thu Sep 4 14:49:03 EDT 2003

For bargains head to:
http://www.meci.com/ - search on UPS, then check the list below.  Note the
18 foot cable - a nice addition

Don

Bryce Lynch wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Russ Schneider wrote:
>
>> Now when I go look for a UPS, what do I look for to see if it will
>> work with apcupsd? (Sorry if I sound totally clueless about this.)
>
> Honestly?  Check out the website, it's got a sizable list of
> supported UPSes:

http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/configure.html#ConfigGeneral

When I go shopping for a new UPS I bring a hardcopy of this list with me
to make sure it'll work.  The very large ones I've used at work have,
oddly enough, never failed to work.  I only buy APC UPSes, mostly
because I know that I can make them work and won't have to fuss with
them too much (time's in short supply right now).

--
Information security begins with _you_.  Help combat terrorism by
encrypting your communications!  Public key :