[wplug] Humor: GM vs. Microsoft

Alheid, Gregory alheidgj at upmc.edu
Thu Sep 4 12:49:23 EDT 2003

Well now what Billy boy said is true for COMPUTER HARDWARE
but not for COMPUTER SOFTWARE!

For "our point of view", a better comparison would be that of
  "octane rating of gas for a car" to
  "operating systems for a computer chip".

In my opinion, Windows XP/2000/NT would get an "octane rating
of 75" while for Windows 98/95 it would be "65" . And for
DOS/Windows 3.1 it would be "50"

Linux would get an  "octane rating of 86" for a workstation
while for a dedicated server it would be more like "90 to 93
octane" in my opinion.

Greg

#