[wplug] UPS with shutdown?

Bryce Lynch bryce at telerama.lm.com
Wed Sep 3 21:29:23 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Russ Schneider wrote:

> Now when I go look for a UPS, what do I look for to see if it will work
> with apcupsd?
> (Sorry if I sound totally clueless about this.)

Honestly?  Check out the website, it's got a sizable list of supported
UPSes:

http://www.apcupsd.com/manual/configure.html#ConfigGeneral

When I go shopping for a new UPS I bring a hardcopy of this list with me
to make sure it'll work.  The very large ones I've used at work have,
oddly enough, never failed to work.  I only buy APC UPSes, mostly because
I know that I can make them work and won't have to fuss with them too much
(time's in short supply right now).

--
Information security begins with _you_.  Help combat terrorism by encrypting
your communications!  Public key : http://users.telerama.com/~bryce/gpg.key