[wplug] UPS with shutdown?

Lance Tost ltost at pobox.com
Wed Sep 3 10:20:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Russ Schneider wrote:
> Does there exist a UPS (uninteruptable power supply, not the brown guys)
> that will, when the power goes out, send a shutdown -h now signal to
> your machine?

http://www.exploits.org/nut/

I have a Connext (sp?) manufactured by APC.  Cheaper than the ones with
the APC name on the outside but it works fine.  It uses the genericups
driver in NUT.  I know the NUT stuff comes with Redhat 8 and 9 at least...
not sure about older versions or other distros though.

man -k ups | grep ^ups for manpages on NUT.

--
Lance Tost <ltost at pobox.com>