[wplug] GNUsound Q

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Tue Sep 2 07:35:03 EDT 2003

Ben Beige wrote:

> What in the way of sound card are good for a Linux system to use for
> input and output of high quality sound?
>
> What should be the minimum specs I should use?
>
> and what modules should be downloaded and added to the system, and can
> someone recommend a good echo module..?

Well I can tell you what I have and use, which is working quite well:

1.4 Ghz Intel Chip
128 MB RAM
Soundblaster LIVE Soundcard
Mandrake 9.1
Gnusound w/LADSPA pluggins

There are a lot of LADSPA pluggins.  Everything from compression, to
reverm, to ring modulators.  They really extend Gnusound into a good
piece of software.  (Someone else just posted the link.)

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com

Latest Release: