[wplug] Thinkpad middle button

Alexandros Papadopoulos apapadop at cmu.edu
Mon Sep 1 13:19:49 EDT 2003

Debian never ceases to amaze me...

I did a dist-upgrade from stable to testing yesterday night, and to my
astonishment the middle button of my Thinkpad (T23) started working as a
scroll-button, which is the default behavior under Windows.

That's fine with me, but the side effect is that I don't have the UNIX-like
paste any more (select + then middle-click), and some other KDE necessities
that depended on that button (e.g. maximize window vertically).

Does anyone know of a way of having all behaviors? When kept pressed and the
mouse moves, scroll the window. When just pressed once, act as a regular
middle click.

I still can't decide if this is a bug or a feature... :-)

-A
--
http://andrew.cmu.edu/~apapadop/pub_key.asc
3DAD 8435 DB52 F17B 640F  D78C 8260 0CC1 0B75 8265