[wplug] help with Exim and virtual domains

K G kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Oct 31 17:52:17 EST 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 04:12:52PM -0500, Jay wrote:
> Any mail sent to jmkramer at domain1.com should be directed to
> jmkramer at caldron.com.  This is indeed the case.
> I then set up exim.conf as the example at the end of this email.  Using this
> setup, it is possible to send email to jmkramer at domain1.com.  However, if I
> reply to the email sent to jmkramer at domain1.com, the email states that it
> was sent
> From:  jmkramer at caldron.com

Not sure if you can use this, but on my system, I have a file
/etc/email-addresses. This is part of exim, and it rewrites the from
address:

# This is /etc/email-addresses. It is part of the exim package
#
# This file contains email addresses to use for outgoing mail. Any local
# part not in here will be qualified by the system domain as normal.
#
# It should contain lines of the form:
#
#user: someone at isp.com
#otheruser: someoneelse at anotherisp.com
kuzman: kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu

Not sure if you have this file, or if you can get it to rewrite
addresses like jmkramer at caldron.com to jmkramer at domain1.com, but it's
what I use.

Kuzman