[wplug] OT: DSL Frustration

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Oct 30 16:35:08 EST 2003

Doug Green wrote:
> Hi all-
> I signed up for Verizon DSL on Oct 21. They signed me up and shipped the
> "startup kit" immediately, but now they have changed my "start" date for
> service two times! First, they told me Oct 28, then they moved it to Oct
> 31. Today I see they pushed it back again- now my service is set to
> begin Nov 7...
> Has anyone else experienced this, and is this the level of service I
> should expect from Verizon?

Yes, and yes.  I have nothing good to say about Verizon, and have dealt
with them on both a business (advertising) and a personal (cell phone)
level.

> If so, are there any viable alternatives
> near the price range of Verizon? What is the bottom line for DSL service
> in PGH?

Possibly Adelphia, although they're not much better.  Comcast is pretty
crappy as well.  Check with city-net: http://www.city-net.com

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies