[wplug] OT?: Stargate to Earthlink Switch

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Wed Oct 29 06:33:17 EST 2003

Ryan W. Frenz wrote:
> I am currently using Stargate for DSL.  I get 1.5 M/128 K, a static IP,
> and 5 email addresses for $39.95 a month.  Yesterday, I received an
> email from them detailing the switch to Earthlink.  If I don't notify
> them by 11/7, I will (as of 11/14) pay Earthlink $49.95 for the same
> service minus the static IP.  This sucks.  Does anyone have any
> recommendations for somewhere else I can switch (comparable service and
> price)?  I notice Verizon's prices are lower (~$35), but I'm assuming
> the speeds are slower and no static IP.  Any experiences with (or
> recommendations for) providers would be appreciated (including cable).

Fortunately for me, I'm technically considered a business client for
Stargate, so supposedly, my DSL service with a static IP will be
remaining with them and not moving to Earthlink.

But before I got confirmation of this, I looked at Telerama and was
tempted to switch anyways.

They offer 2 static IPs weith DSL and they actualy support Linux. :)

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]