[wplug] [wplug-announce] November GUM: FreeBSD

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Oct 28 11:34:09 EST 2003

In keeping with my tradition, I'm sending this announcement a bit latter
than I planned.

This month Bill Moran has volunteered to give a talk about Linux's cousin
FreeBSD.

His abstract:
Bill Moran of Potential Technologies (http://www.potentialtech.com) will
be introducing the group to FreeBSD, another Open Source Unix-like
operating system.  In addition to the usual festivities, Bill will have
home-burned FreeBSD 4.8 CDs to give out (in limited quantities, so come
early), and will be tolerating questions for the duration of the GUM.

All the usual times and places apply:
Saturday November 1st, 10am until 2pm
Newel-Simon Hall, room 1507, Carnegie Mellon Campus
Map: http://www.wplug.org/meetings/one-location?location_id=1

Bring an open mind and $5 if you want to join us for pizza.

-james