PHP from command line (was Re: [wplug] web programming)

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Oct 28 11:10:43 EST 2003

Joe wrote:
>> i don't know jack about java. i started a while back monkeying around in
>> php. after a while i found perl and cpan. at the time there wasn't a
>> really
>> convenient way to to write command line scripts in php, so i switched
>> over
>> to doing everything in perl. i understand that command line scripts
>> are now
>> possible in php, but i've developed a "substance abuse" like
>> dependency on
>> perl :).
>
> Yeah, you can do php command line now. The only time I've used it was
> when I needed to grep some webpage for something and print it out
> stdout.

As of yesterday, I'm attempting to use PHP from the command line for the
first time.  The reason I'm finally doing this, is that something I've
got coded into a web page now needs to run from cron.  I don't want to
recode my backend logic in perl (or any other language) now that I've
already got a working class in PHP.

Anyway, I wanted to ask the list if anyone's been having problems with
PHP caching? the command line scripts?  Basically, my first version has
a bug, and I corrected it, but PHP continues to run the old version, I
can't figure out how to force it to recompile the script.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies