[wplug] web programming

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Tue Oct 28 06:31:18 EST 2003

Joe wrote:

> So if anyone here does or has done a great deal of web programming, I'd
> really like to know your opinion on what you use and why.

I do a great deal of web deving because it's my job.  For clients I use
either PHP-JavaScript-SQL or ASP-VBScript-Javascript-SQL.

What I prefer using is just PHP-SQL.  For one, I dislike using
JavaScript, not because I don't think it's a good tool, but just because
of browser compatibility issues and the fact that if someone has
JavaScript turned off in their browser, some important function might be
lost.

PHP when written well, to me, is a great web programming language.  A
well planned PHP site can be written very elegantly and perform
incredibly well.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]