[wplug] cdrom ls weirdness

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Sun Oct 26 07:05:15 EST 2003

Frank W. Holden Jr. wrote:
> I have seen this numerous times when the cdrom or a hard drive is
> mounted. What happens is it doesn't determine the correct filesystem.
> Normally I see it when mounting a vfat and it thinks it is ext2... This
> can happen with floppies alot...
>
> If you are going to mount something, it is quite wise to use the option
> -t <fstype> when mounting.

My system mounts the cdrom automatically with this in fstab:
  /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/hdc,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

Once in a while messed up things like this happen.

Is there a way to reset this or something?  SHould I manually type in
the above at command line after umounting the drive?

P.S. Mandrake 9.1

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]