[wplug] web content monitoring script

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Thu Oct 23 12:23:57 EDT 2003

Funny you ask, I'm monitoring my web traffic for a few of the sites I'm
hosting with the following command:

tail -f -c 1 /www/*/logs/access_log

I just keep an SSH window open with that command running.

-Henry

--On Thursday, October 23, 2003 12:03 PM -0400 John Harrold
<jmh17+ at pitt.edu> wrote:r

> hey all.
>
> i've been looking around for a script that will monitor web pages and
> trigger events when the content changes. has anyone seen something like
> this?
>
> --
>                                                | /"\
>  john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
>       jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
>            the most useful idiot               | / \
>  What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
>  whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism
> or  the holy name of liberty and democracy?
>  --Gandhi
> gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E

Henry Umansky
University of Pittsburgh
Computing Services and Systems Development
hmust2 [at] pitt [dot] edu
(412) 624 -4357