[wplug] telnet

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Oct 7 11:27:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 07:13, Weber, Larry A wrote:
> I have my Linux PC directly connected to a PC/104 Linux embedded system.
> The application on the PC/104 has to automatically start after the system
> boots so I modified inittab.  The application starts a watch-dog running in
> hardware.  When I need to make a change to the application I have to telnet
> in re-change inittab and kill the application.  However this does not stop
> the watch-dog, so a reset on the PC/104 occurs.  When the PC/104 system
> comes back up I have to exit telnet on the PC and try to reconnect.  This is
> where the error usually occurs.  Resetting the PC/104 does not correct the
> problem, only by restarting Liniux can I remake the connection.

I'm confused.  Why do you have to telnet into a directly connected
device?  Why do you have to modify inittab?  It sounds like it's a
serial device of some sort, and you should be connecting to it through
some serial interface.

--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey