[wplug] telnet

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Oct 6 15:49:42 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:04, Weber, Larry A wrote:
> If I use telnet to connect to a target system, I will get an error "No route
> to host found" if the target system is not properly set up.  After I correct
> the target I continue to get the same error message until I restart Linux on
> my host system.  Is there a way to reset telnet so I don't have to keep
> restarting Linux?
>
> -laweber

The error you are receiving, "No route to host found" looks like the
networking between the two systems has gone down.  If telnetd weren't
running, you'd get an error like:

Which is probably why you have to restart the system to get it to work
again.  I suggest that you check to see why the network is failing.  It
is probably not telnetd's fault.
--
Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey