[wplug] Sharp Zaurus SL-5500

Robert Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sun Oct 5 00:04:27 EDT 2003

I have no problems with the hand writing recognition but I've heard others say
good and bad,

I scratched my screen in the handwriting area so sometimes I had to fight it a
little.
You can retrain it to your own personal style.
I had a Palm before and had to relearn a few characters but never had to
retrain the Z.

There's also a pop-out keyboard hidden inside.

I use a 256Mb SD card with no problems.
I'm guessing the 512Mb cards should work too.

I see there is a 2Gb CF card on the market too.

In the past, when ever a memory card was produced that had problems,
new drivers soon followed.

There is a new Z (the SL-5600) but it's more expensive.

Go to www.myzaurus.com or www.zaurus.com and take a peek.

-Bob