[wplug] Linux and Portable MP3 Players

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sat Oct 4 11:16:09 EDT 2003

Sometime in October Michael E Uhl assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I'm interested in getting a portable MP3 player, and I was wondering if
| anybody on the list had any recommendations for devices that were linux
| compatible.  At the moment I'm considering the RCA Lyra (RD1071)
| http://tinyurl.com/ppdb since it appears that the player simply appears
| as a usb mass storage device.  Any advice/recommendations would be
| appreciated.

i've heard these people are linux friendly:

http://www.neurosaudio.com/

 Just last month Xiph released Positron 1.0, completing the first version
 of a synch application that will allow the Neuros to interface with the
 Linux operating system.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E