[wplug] Setting default console terminal

Shawn L. Djernes shawn at djernes.org
Thu Oct 2 19:15:56 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have this working on a couple of my boxes for developement and testing.
But it is very stable and will do what you want.

First you have to enable serial console in your kernel it is under
Characture Devices under Serial Support. Called "Console on serial port"

Once you have done that add the following to your append line for your
bootloader.
	console=ttyS0

If you want the boot messages to show up on both the local monitor and the
serial port then also add this.

	console=tty0

Now to get a login prompt in your inittab uncomment the line for "Dumb
Terminal" on the ttyS0 port and your up and running.

Hope that helped

Shawn