[wplug] Home Server Follies

Christopher Galik chris at cardiactelecom.com
Wed Oct 1 10:13:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 09:51, Pete Butler wrote:
> So, my question is, what do I need to do to reconfigure my Linux server to
> be dynamically picking up the DNS settings off DHCP?

I too run a Linux server as my gateway to Adelphia's cable modem service
at home.  The way it is set up there, DHCPC automagically replaces the
resolv.conf file with one that includes the servers taken from the DHCP
server.  If your dhcpc does not do that for some reason, here is a copy
of my resolv.conf, it should work for you as well.

-- CUT --

nameserver 68.168.160.2
nameserver 68.168.160.5
search pittpa.adelphia.net

-- CUT --

Just put that in /etc/resolv.conf and you should be good to go.  If this
is already there, then... well... something's up. =)

-c.
--
 Christopher Galik <chris at cardiactelecom.com>
 Cardiac Telecom Corp. -- 1.800.355.2594 x144