[wplug] RH upgrade

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Nov 26 07:56:41 EST 2003

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> What have been people's experiences with doing upgrades vs
> fresh installs?
> I have a RH 7.2 machine and want to put fedora on it.  Most
> packages on it
> were installed via RPMs, although a few were done via source installs.

My experience has been that upgrades generally work as expected, but are not
necessarily conducive to lean/mean systems.  HOWEVER - I have never even
considered a leap as great as going from RH7.2 to Fedora, and likely would
not do it.  But herein lies the beauty of Linux and having  /home partition
- if you're there, I'd simply do a fresh install....

Don