[wplug] (OT) Laptop Durability

Ryan W. Frenz rfrenz at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 20 00:07:30 EST 2003

I'll third the IBM recommendation.  I've had a P2 366 ThinkPad for 5 years
now, plently of carrying it around, and NO hardware problems ever.  I've run
at least 4 different distros on it (mdk, rh, freebsd, slack) with no problems
past any other desktop system.  Every friend of mine who's looked for a
laptop, I've recommended IBM...and on the other side of the coin, my brother
has had a Dell Inspiron 8100 for 1.5 years with numerous problems (mobo
shorting out, usb controller problems, LCD, you name it).  IBM laptops are
rock solid...

Ryan