[wplug] (OT) Laptop Durability

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Wed Nov 19 20:13:35 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:14:58AM -0800, Rick Harris wrote:
> My experience with Dell laptops recently has not been
> good.

I'll second that.  Two co-workers who bought Dell Inspirons in the
last year have needed onsite service.  On the other hand, our company
buys Latitudes like penny candy, and I haven't seen much of a problem
with them.

Personally, I got a good deal on a cheap ($800) Best Boy house brand
machine; other than a defective battery, I've been very happy with it
both under Windows and (toget back on topic) Fedora Core 1.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws