[wplug] (OT) Laptop Durability

Rick Harris ftumph at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 15:20:49 EST 2003

Let's see...

1.  Dead display. Replaced screen.
2.  Dead computer.  Replaced motherboard.
3.  Dead fan.  Replaced.
4.  Dead keyboard port.  Replaced motherboard again.
5.  Floating mouse.  Replaced keyboard/stick.

I currently have a repeat of #5, so I need to call
again.  I don't even use the stick and it's broken
again somehow.

At least I haven't lost the hard drive!

- Rick

--- Russ Schneider <russ at sugapablo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Rick Harris wrote:
>
> > My experience with Dell laptops recently has not
> been
> > good.  Two of my co-workers and I have all have
> > 2-year-old Dells (two Latitudes and one Inspiron,
> all
> > P-III models).  We all have on-site service, which
> is
> > a good thing, because Dell has been out here many,
> > many times.
>
> Out of curiosity, what has been the problem with the
> laptop that it needed
> work 5 times?
>

> --
> [ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
> [ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]
> [ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal  ]
> [ sugapablo at 12jabber.com   <--jabber IM ]

=====