[wplug] Redhat 8/9 Slow starting - sendmail / sm-client

john at simplykiwi.com john at simplykiwi.com
Fri Nov 14 15:21:33 EST 2003

This is a great place to start. Check that your DNS servers are
appropriately specified.

Also, ensure that you add your own hostname and IP address into
/etc/hosts, like so:

127.0.0.1        localhost
127.0.0.1        yourmachinename

This will greatly decrease the amount of time spent resolving your own
machine's name. You can set your hostname by editing /etc/hostname.