[wplug] Redhat 8/9 Slow starting - sendmail / sm-client

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Fri Nov 14 09:15:55 EST 2003

That sounds like a typical DNS resolver issue.  Sendmail is attempting
to do some DNS lookups but either the network isn't up yet or the
resolvers are not responding.  Sendmail will hang until it either
receives an answer or the DNS queries time out.  Check your DNS settings
in /etc/resolv.conf and perform some digs against those resolvers.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer II
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086