[wplug] Redhat 8/9 Slow starting - sendmail / sm-client

techmike mikeslists at access995.com
Fri Nov 14 09:05:29 EST 2003

Got a new problem.  12 workstations, all having the same problems.  Just
very slow to startup one day, nothing has changed.   They seem to hang
mainly on sendmail and sm-client startup.  But the whole startup process
has become lengthy.

All workstations are running either Redhat 8 or 9 with Ximian Desktop
installed.  Last update was performed late last week.  I've checked again
and don't see any new updates that we have not applied.

Thanks
Mike

"All electronic devices come prepackaged with the proper ammount of smoke,
if you release that smoke the device may not properly work."
-Dilbert