[wplug] KDE+Firebird

Christopher Galik chris at cardiactelecom.com
Thu Nov 13 15:30:50 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 15:23, Benjamin Slavin wrote:
> 2) If there's an answer to my first question, is it possible to make
> Firebird the default browser in KDE, so that when I click on a link in
> the news ticker, it fires-up Firebird, not Konqueror?

Not sure how to fix your first question, I tell ya tho I'd be interested
in THAT answer.  But your second question is a yes and no.  You can add
firebird to the KDE file associations for html in the control panel, and
make it the number one selection, BUT every time I've done that I get
problems, because for some reason KDE passes mozilla a cached version of
the page, and thus mozilla has none of the images.  Let us know if you
find a fix for that, I've been looking for some time ( check the wplug
archives from about a month ago )

-c.
--
 Christopher Galik <chris at cardiactelecom.com>
 Cardiac Telecom Corp. -- 1.800.355.2594 x144