[wplug] howto signoff a user

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Nov 11 21:33:56 EST 2003

If you don't care about saving the session nicely, you could just find
the user's 'login' process.  Kill that, and all it's child processes
should exit.  If the user logged in through [xkg]dm, then just kill the
instance of XFree86 that the user is running.

If you want to save the session, you'll have to interact with the
window manager, and I'm not sure how to do that from KDE.

If you are standing at the console, and want to kill the current user's
X session, there's always the X three fingered salute:
Control-Alt-Backspace.  That'll kill the current X session.