[wplug] Comcast High-Speed Internet

Robert L. Jeffries rl_jeffries at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 16:58:08 EST 2003

I have Comcast, a couple of months ago, I had some problems with my
connection being dropped. Called Comcast, and a tech came out. I'm
running redhat 9 behind a netgear network appliance (yes, I know this is
vague), with win2k. When the tech came, he replaced my modem. He also
needed to register information from one of my systems. We registered my
win2k system. After which, he said that their routers needed to see the
MAC Address that I had just been registered with. Luckily, my netgear
device allows me to specify which MAC Address to use, so I entered the
MAC from that win2k system, rebooted it, and no more problems.

rl_jeffries