[wplug] Resolution on Gateway 400VTX laptop

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Wed Nov 5 16:23:01 EST 2003

I researched this, and it looks like a nice laptop, BTW :)

Prehaps turning down the color depth for the higher resolution will fix
the problem.  According to the URL below, the maximum color depth is
18-bit, which I find kind of strange.  Try 16bit @ 1024x768 and see what
happens.

Also worth looking into is that the onboard video for that laptop is an
Intel 852MG.  I'm not sure if the i810 driver has support for or is
intended for use with the 852MG.  The "Device" section seems to say
otherwise, but it's worth a look.

Gateway 400VTX Laptop Specs:

http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Gateway/400VTX/3501331sp47.shtml