[wplug] Resolution of Gateway 400VTX laptop display

Kuzman Ganchev kuzman at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Wed Nov 5 16:20:55 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:06:11PM -0500, Bryan Mack wrote:
> Hey all, I have just recently installed Redhat 9 on my Gateway 400VTX
> laptop. I cant seem to get the display to use a resolution of 1024x768
> as I should be able to.  I have the display set to Generic Laptop
> Display 1024x768 and the resolution set to that as well, but it still
> only displays at 800x600. I have tried different displays and settings
> but nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions for this?

It looks like someone else had the same problem, but no solution:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/archive/25/2003/07/3/71906

Have you tried to see what Knoppix brings up? Have you tried it with the
vesa driver? Obviously a short-term solution, but results may instruct.
Actually the driver matters for this -- on my laptop X will only start
when the resolution is set to that of the LCD, but with a VESA driver it
works at different reolutions.

Kuzman