[wplug] Resolution on Gateway 400VTX laptop

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Nov 5 12:49:54 EST 2003

Could you attach your /etc/X11/XF86Config file?  That would make
debugging much easier.

First thing I'd check is to make sure that there is a line in your
"Screen" section that lists a "1024x768" mode for the default depth.
Then I'd look in /var/log/XFree86.0.log to see what kind of errors it
might have recieved when trying to find the appropriate modes for your
screen.  There's a lot of information in that log file, but you should
be able to find where it determines the modes, right after the module
for the graphics hardware is loaded.

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 12:28, Bryan Mack wrote:
> Hey all, I have just recently installed Redhat 9 on my Gateway 400VTX
> laptop. I cant seem to get the display to use a resolution of 1024x768
> as I should be able to.  I have the display set to Generic Laptop
> Display 1024x768 and the resolution set to that as well, but it still
> only displays at 800x600. I have tried different displays and settings
> but nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have any suggestions for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan

Jonathan S Billings <billings at negate.org>
TSFNKP, President and Chief Lackey