[wplug] Novell to acquire SUSE

Christopher Galik chris at cardiactelecom.com
Tue Nov 4 12:56:00 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 09:25, Chris wrote:
> There was just a discussing about RedHat and Fedora.  What's everyone's
> opinion about Novell acquiring SUSE?

I myself use SuSE 8.2 both at work and at home, as well as on my
laptop.  SuSE is currently my distribution of choice.  I have to wonder
tho, is this the reason that you are unable to install SuSE 9 from the
internet?  Am I _finally_ going to have to shell out 40+ dollars for the
operating system that I have previously used free of charge?  I would
love to take advantage of the new features SuSE 9 has to offer, but I
hate buying things mail-order (when I want it I want it _NOW_), and I'm
still checking SuSE's FTP server for a downloadable copy of 9.0... but
with every passing day I expect even less for it to be there.

-c.

--
 Christopher Galik <chris at cardiactelecom.com>
 Cardiac Telecom Corp. -- 1.800.355.2594 x144