[wplug] Novell to acquire SUSE

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Tue Nov 4 09:52:35 EST 2003

John Harrold wrote:

> since novell owns ximian and they are looking at desktop linux, i think
> this could be good if that's where you want to see linux going-which i do
> :). since i don't use suse, i'm probably not very sensitive to the suse way
> and the impact novell might have on it. i just don't think of novell as
> being a very disruptive company though, so i wouldn't expect them to hinder
> suse too much. i think a lot of good could come of this.

I don't know.  I'm just nervous about Linux becoming too corporate and
destroying what was and is such a wonderful product/situation.

Debian still exists.  Fedora could be just as strong.  Mandrake, for
now, still allows free copies to be downloaded.  As long as these still
exist in a strong fashion, I'll still remain hopeful though.

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)     ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.com <--music     ]