[wplug] Novell to acquire SUSE

Chris vze2f6h6 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 4 09:48:10 EST 2003

wplug-admin at wplug.org wrote:
> Sometime in November Chris assaulted the keyboard and produced:
>
>> There was just a discussing about RedHat and Fedora.  What's
>> everyone's opinion about Novell acquiring SUSE?
>
> wow, last i read this wasn't going to happen. now that seems to have
> changed:
>
> http://www.vnunet.com/News/1147159
>
> since novell owns ximian and they are looking at desktop linux, i think
> this could be good if that's where you want to see linux going-which i do
> :). since i don't use suse, i'm probably not very sensitive to the suse
way
> and the impact novell might have on it. i just don't think of novell as
> being a very disruptive company though, so i wouldn't expect them to
hinder
> suse too much. i think a lot of good could come of this.

It seems like they are going end to end (Server to Desktop).  I think that
this is great and will open up some doors for linux.  I know a lot of
Schools use Novell and are pretty loyal to them.  This will give them a good
path to move to a Novell back linux solution.  I think this could mean only
good things for linux and Novell.

Chris Romano